
before she got dressed in her cute pink outfit with brown horses on it. She has been really looking foward to wearing her new school clothes.
She picked German Pancake for her special 1st day of school breakfast and thought it was cool to see it puff up so high.

It tasted yummy!

She was also excited that mom got to come and take her to school.
She is excited that her friend/neighbor Natalie Dion gets to be in her class too. She knows that her teacher's name is Mrs. "Cough"-man (Kauffman).
At the end of class Jennie met me with a big smile on her face. We checked her mailbox and brought home the cute picture she colored.
She talked about playing in the house and coloring pictures and about a puppet show where one of the animals, “didn’t know anything about school” and the other one “knew the rules for school.”
She kept wanting to know why we weren't going to get Allie right away and why she didn't get to go to school again tomorrow. I guess she thinks that when the older ones are in school she should be too.
A little later when I got out the computer and asked what she did at school, her response was a little different. She said,
“Colored pictures,
Annnnnd I played with the house, the play house.
Ummm I don’t remember.
My teacher should’ve told you.”
Well her teaching assistant did tell me what they did during the day, which Jennie had pretty much covered. (I think it is AWESOME they do that in the hall with the parents before the kids are dismissed.) And her teacher also sent this email after Jennie's first day:
"Jennie had great confidence today! She seemed to make friends fast and enjoyed playing in the housekeeping area.
Mrs. K"
Jennie did make a few other comments about school like,
"I like Mrs. Kauffman. She will teach me new things everyday." and
"I loved my first day of school."
And whenever anyone asks what she did she says, "Colored pictures."
She will have a great time in school...but we'll have to see how she adjusts to being home without other kids around.
Yeah, Jennie is a preschooler!
No comments:
Post a Comment