At night we went to see a local production of Beauty and the Beast. I knew the girl who was playing Belle, so we wanted to go see her and this was the last night. The play was in an outdoor amphitheater and the forecast called for rain. We arrived early and got a great seat. Then we waited....
A little while before the play was to begin we were informed that a storm was coming through, but because is was suppose to be a fast moving storm they were going to postpone the starting time instead of cancelling the final show.
So there we sat in the amphitheater as the dark clouds rolled in and the rain began to fall. Good thing Grandpa is always prepared. We unrolled his big tarp and covered all of us in a makeshift tent. Some other people sitting nearby even joined us for a while. The kids thought it was so funny that we made a tent.
So there we sat in our tent for nearly a half an hour. But then the rain did stop, they uncovered the orchestra pit, mopped up the stage and the play went on.
It was wonderful. Belle was great. Gaston was fabulous. And the Beast was scary.
(Mostly because he was loud.) But after his first appearance Anna and Jenny both sought the comfort of some one's lap for the remainder of the play. Allie sat and stared wide eyed at everything happening on the stage. She said she liked it. Especially when Belle came out in the yellow dress Allie had been expecting from the beginning. We were all glad when the Beast turned back to the handsome prince and everything ended happily for the good guys.

Anna says: I did not like the play, but just a little bit. I had fun with grandma in the tent.
Allie says: It rained but it didn't get on us, just a little bit.
The wolves were kind of scary and the Beast. But they were just dressed up. Belle was so pretty in her yellow dress. Belle's dress was sparkly, sparkly, sparkly. She had a pretty flower in her hair. Her hair was not quite like the real Belle's. We gave Belle some roses. I liked taking pictures with Belle. It was fantastic! And we got to see Belle's house.

Belle got caught by some wolves and the Beast saved her.
We sat down for a long, long time. Then we got to stand up and then we got to sit down again. (I think she is taking about intermission.)
The Beast was scary because the witch turned him into kind of scary. It was dark suddenly and then it was light and some steam went up. And that's when he was changed.
Jennie says: Belle had the prettiest dress ever.

Belle is a beautiful girl. I love her so much. The beast I didn't like or the foxes (wolves). The foxes are really bad. She said be careful to her daddy, but he didn't be careful.
Rachel liked it and Dave and Shanna and Maddie (Shanna's niece).
Yesterday I didn't like the Beast or the foxes. I just said that two times so she'll (mom) remember.
The tent was so fun and Shanna came.
(Sometime during the play Jennie looked up at the stage and asked, "Where is Cinderella?" And later when we went to take pictures with Belle, Jennie asked, "Is she was a real princess?")
No comments:
Post a Comment