Monday, May 11, 2009

Mother's Day Blog

by Anna

Mother's day was great yesterday!

I brang my mom breakfast in bed. I made heart french toast. Shanna helped me. I picked a flower to go with. A tulip that came from my backyard. Mom liked it.







I gave my mom flowers. White flowers. I hided them.



And I got my mom a towel too. With a fishy.. with seahorses and there was...what can you imagine...? a crab!

We had a fancy dinner.
The kids were little chefs.



I really did love Mother's day.


a few more comments from Mom...
Mother's day began about 6:45am when Anna came into my room carrying a tray of breakfast. I guess Shanna, who was staying the night at our house, told Anna the night before that they would make me breakfast. In excitement Anna got up about 5:30. Anna says she was sure yawning in primary class because she got up so early.

When Anna and I were at the store the night before Anna wanted to buy flowers and a present for me. "These are special presents." She kept saying. "Because you can peek and see what they are." When we got home from the store she took the gifts and hid them for me to find in the morning. I love how excited she gets at the idea of giving presents and doing nice things for other people.

After church Anna, Jennie, Allie, Justin and Angie (Allie & Jennie's siblings) played chef under the supervision of Shanna and I. (Maybe I should have just listed us with the kids.) We all worked together to fix a dinner of

Chicken Gnocchi Soup




Grape & Feta Salad




Hot Artichoke Dip




Pao de Queijo (cheese bread from Brazil)




and Orange Cranberry Juice.

Anna thought it was really funny making the Pao de Queijo with me because when I read the directions they were in Portuguese. Jennie loved to toss the salad with her hands. While cutting grapes, Justin wondered if the food liked being executed. Angie patiently peeled sweet potatoes



that we ended up not using during the meal, but another day we will make them into sweet potato fries (a new favorite). And Allie loved getting her hands covered in gooey bread dough. I loved watching them all wait somewhat patiently for their next assignment and then happily work together to do whatever was asked.

It was a yummy meal full of foods I love, including strawberry shortcake for dessert.

After dinner we enjoyed games and stories.



We hope everyone had a happy mother's day because we sure did.


No comments:

Post a Comment